|“||Bonnie: Let the record show the advice I got from this table was, and I say this with love, absolutely worthless. Christy: That's my mother's hurtful way of saying she and Adam were incapable of talking about their feelings, so they had sex until they fell asleep.||”|
— Bonnie and Christy to the Girls
|Roast Chicken and a Funny Story|
| Season 4, Episode 14 |
Total Episode Count: 80
|Air Date||February 16, 2017|
|Produced by||Chuck Lorre|
|Written by|| Story by |
|Directed by||James Widdoes|
| ← Previous|
"A Bouncy Castle and an Aneurysm"
| Next → |
"Night Swimmin' and an English Muffin"
After Adam breaks up with her following a kiss from Joe, Bonnie finds herself in a stupor. When her attitude becomes too much for the girls to handle, Christy hopes that Adam will reconsider a future with her mother.
(Roast Chicken) The meal Bonnie prepares for Adam.
(Funny Story) Bonnie's story about the neighbor's pan she borrowed to accommodate the size of the chicken.
Cast and Characters
- Anna Faris as Christy Plunkett
- Allison Janney as Bonnie Plunkett
- Mimi Kennedy as Marjorie Armstrong
- Jaime Pressly as Jill Kendall
- Beth Hall as Wendy Harris
- William Fichtner as Adam Janakowski
Matt L. Jonesas Baxter
Sadie Calvanoas Violet Plunkett
Blake Garrett Rosenthalas Roscoe Plunkett
- Mary Pat Gleason as Mary
- Marcus Toji as Walter
- Carrie Armstrong as Carla
- Doc Farrow as Sam
- Chip Chinery as Dave
- This is the first time where, the title of an episode is said in one sentence, Adam states "we got a roast chicken and a funny story".